Petredec has fixed Navigator Copernico for her maiden voyage. The vessel is expected to reach the port at Marcus Hook by 06-Jun to load a propane cargo.
Sonatrach’s Hassi Messaoud 2 loaded a propane cargo in Bethioua 27-May and is now headed to Santos ETA 12-Jun.
Reggane, another Sonatrach vessel, is on her way to load a mixed cargo in Bethioua ETA 7-Jun, and is expected by the market to discharge in India at the end of the month.
With the plant’s shutdown in 2014, Soyo is now expecting BP’s British Courage to load a mixed cargo at the end of June. The vessel is signaling that she will arrive at the port by 17-Jun.
Statoil has purchased 23kt C3 from Petredec and 23kt C4 from Sahara. The cargoes were loaded on board Avance on 1-Jun, and the vessel is now headed Far East.
- Recent strikes at French ports have impacted LPG imports, with a few vessels diverting their destinations:
- Imports in May dropped significantly both from the previous month, and on a month-to-month basis as seen below:
- The expansion project at Ust-Luga has led to recent maintenance work on the LPG tanks at the terminal. This has led to a drop in monthly LPG exports from 135 kT in April to 79 kT in May. The work at the facility is expected to be completed by the end of Q4 of this year.
May Monthly Flows
- The U.S. was the largest exporting country, with Enterprise being the largest exporting installation.
- China was the largest importing country, while Ulsan in South Korea, was the largest importing installation.