MGC George N loaded in Targa on 13-Aug; the last MGC to load at the terminal was Clipper Saturn, who arrived on 27-Jul. There has not been a VLGC loading since Galaxy River arrived on 22-Jul, although the market expects Levant to arrive at the terminal on 1-Sept.
Trafigura’s VLGC BW Tucana arrived at the Jose Terminal in Venezuela on 16-Aug, and is currently docked there.
Floating Storage in Asia
- Singapore (466 kt floating)
- Shergar loaded in Enterprise on 1-Jul, and has been floating since 12-Aug. Her last AIS was for Ningbo, ETA 12-Aug.
- Progress loaded via STS with BW Carina on 27-Jul. at Nipah Anch. BW Carina has been fixed by Sunoco for loading in Marcus Hook, ETA 28-Aug.
- Berge Nantong loaded via STS operations at Nipah Anch. on 7-Jul, and 16-Jul.
- Promise loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 11-Jul.
- Ming Long also loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 15-Jul.
- Cratis also loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 24-Jul.
- Clipper Sun loaded in Ras Laffan on 25-Jul and arrived in Singapore on 7-Aug. Her last AIS position was received on 14-Aug.
- Venus Glory loaded a propane cargo in Umm Said on 28-Jul, and has been floating around Singapore since 9-Aug.
- Morston loaded a propane cargo in Yanbu on 2-Aug, and arrived in Singapore on 15-Aug.
- Sun Aries loaded a Bonny-sourced cargo via STS with Monsoon at Nipah Anch. on 3-Aug.
- British Commerce loaded propane in Ras Laffan on 3-Aug, and has been anchored since 16-Aug.
- Far East (137 kt floating)
- Constellation loaded in Enterprise on 24-May and has been sitting outside of Ningbo since 9-Jul.
- Lubara loaded in Bethioua on 27-Jun and was last seen floating in the South China Sea. Her last AIS position was received on 17-Aug, with her draught level indicating that she is still loaded.
- Gas Summit loaded in Yanbu on 23-Jul and was signaling for Incheon, ETA 13-Aug. Although she did arrive off the west coast of S. Korea by that date, she has yet to discharge; furthermore, the Ports of Incheon, Daesan, and Pyeong Taek do not list her on their arrival schedules.
- Floating Storage Now Moving
- Gas Diana loaded partial cargoes in Sitra and Al Ruwais on 17-Jul, and sat in Singapore from 28-Jul to 8-Aug before heading north. She is currently discharging in Ulsan.
- Gas Star loaded in Enterprise on 15-Jun, and discharged a partial cargo in Ulsan on 7-Aug. She had since been floating off the south coast of Japan until 15-Aug when she discharged partial cargoes in both Sakai (15-Aug) and Kashima (18-Aug).
- Saudi Arabia
July was the largest exporting month for the Top 5 with a combined total of 5.3 mn tons.
Although overall exports increased in July for the Top 5, U.S. exports decreased by 13% compared to the previous month; the four other countries experienced increases.
West African Exports
Although none of the W. African countries have landed in the Top 5 exporting countries list, the year-to-date flows for the region are slightly higher than last year.
Out of the countries in the zone, Nigeria is the largest exporter- having loaded a total of 1.285 mn tons of LPG so far.