Hellas Hercules, who had been floating ballast between Madagascar and S. Africa since 22-Jul, has updated her AIS for Fujairah, ETA 27-Aug.
Lucina Providence discharged an Enterprise-sourced cargo at the Japanese ports of Sendai (12-Aug), Negishi (15-Aug), and Sodegaura (18-Aug). She then docked at Namikata on 20-Aug, where her draught level indicates that she loaded a small cargo. The vessel has since discharged in Shen-ao in Taiwan on 24-Aug, and is now heading toward the Philippines, ETA 27-Aug.
After completing a voyage from Yanbu to Cai Mep for Astomos, Aurora Balder passed through the Singapore Strait and signaled for Houston, ETA 13-Sep. The vessel then updated her AIS for Yanbu, ETA Aug-25, but after passing Sri Lanka, she then began signaling for Al Ruwais, ETA 28-Aug. She has been fixed to Shell.
INPEX is set to receive their second cargo at their terminal in Naoetsu, Japan. Gyxis’s Musanah loaded in Das Island on 5-Aug and arrived outside the port on 25-Aug. The vessel is also expected by the Tokyo Bay Port to discharge a partial cargo in Ohgishima, ETA 30-Aug.
JS Ineos Intrepid docked at the Morgans Point in Houston last week on 18-Aug, and is currently still at the berth. She is loading the terminal’s first ethane cargo.
Gunvor has fixed 2 VLGCs who are now acting as Floating Storage outside the Port of Flushing:
European and the Mediterranean Voyages
Large Cargoes Heading for Europe/Med:
- Total’s Gaschem Bremen loaded in N’Kossa on 12-Aug, and is expected by the port of Terneuzen, ETA 28-Aug.
- Statoil’s BW Energy loaded in Enterprise on 15-Aug and is crossing the Atlantic toward Europe. Her destination is still unclear, with her AIS signaling “For Order”.
- Sumire Gas loaded in Enterprise on 18-Aug and is heading for Tarragona, ETA 4-Sept.
- Vitol’s Hellas Glory loaded in Enterprise on 19-Aug and is signaling for Flushing, ETA 4-Sept.
- Geogas’s Champlain loaded in Marcus Hook on 19-Aug and is expected by the market to discharge in Sines and Lavera.
- Statoil’s BW Aries loaded in Targa on 20-Aug and is on her way to Teesport, ETA 4-Sep.
- Sonatrach’s Hassi Messaoud 2 loaded a propane cargo in Bethioua on 5-Aug and is currently waiting outside the port of Santos.
- Sonatrach’s Reggane also loaded a propane cargo in Bethioua on 17-Aug and is heading for Suape, ETA 28-Aug.
- Verrazane loaded butane in Bethioua on 19-Aug and is currently by Mauritania heading south.
- Vitol’s British Courage loaded in Bethioua on 20-Aug and is currently floating off Tenerife. The market expects her to discharge Far East.
Floating Storage in Asia
- Singapore (377kt floating; 466kt last week)
- Berge Nantong loaded via STS operations at Nipah Anch. on 7-Jul, and 16-Jul.
- Promise loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 11-Jul.
- Ming Long also loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 15-Jul.
- Cratis also loaded via STS at Nipah Anch. on 24-Jul.
- Venus Glory loaded a propane cargo in Umm Said on 28-Jul, and has been floating around Singapore since 9-Aug.
- Morston loaded a propane cargo in Yanbu on 2-Aug, and arrived in Singapore on 15-Aug.
- Sun Aries loaded a Bonny-sourced cargo via STS with Monsoon at Nipah Anch. on 3-Aug.
- British Commerce loaded propane in Ras Laffan on 3-Aug, and has been anchored since 16-Aug.
- Chaparral loaded in Umm Said on 7-Aug, and has been floating since 19-Aug.
- Far East (46 kt floating; 137kt last week)
- Sakura Gas loaded in Enterprise on 3-Jul and has been waiting outside the port of Tianjin since 20-Aug.
- Floating Storage Now Moving
- Shergar loaded in Enterprise on 1-Jul, and was floating in Singapore since 12-Aug. She began traveling north through the S. China Sea on 24-Aug, but has yet to signal a destination. Her last AIS was updated on 12-Aug for Ningbo.
- Clipper Sun loaded in Ras Laffan on 25-Jul and arrived in Singapore on 7-Aug. She left the area on 23-Aug heading north.
- Progress loaded via STS with BW Carina on 27-Jul. at Nipah Anch. On Aug-22, she too also began passing north through the S. China Sea with no clear destination.
- Constellation loaded in Enterprise on 24-May and had been sitting outside of Ningbo since 9-Jul. She finally discharged at the ports of Daxie Ningbo (20-Aug) and Zhangjiagang (Aug 22).
- Lubara loaded in Bethioua on 27-Jun and was floating in the South China Sea. On 22-Aug she began moving north, and is currently discharging at the port of Fujian.
- Gas Summit loaded in Yanbu on 23-Jul and sat outside of Incheon since 13-Aug. She finally discharged her cargo at the terminal on 22-Aug.
Since May, the Small Gas Carriers (SGC) have made up 11% of Algerian exports, with the majority consisting of butane. Our data shows that the Handysize and MGCs took up about 16% each of the exports, while LGCs accounted for 24% and VLGCs 32%.