Originally published 28 December 2017
This week we are witnessing 4 Ethane cargoes out of US:
- Borealis’ Navigator Aurora, ex-Morgans Point, is heading to Stenungsund, ETA 9-Jan.
- Ineos’ Js Ineos Insight, ex-Morgans Point, is heading to Rafnes, ETA 7-Jan.
- Ineos’ Js Ineos Intrepid, ex-Marcus Hook, is heading to Grangemouth, ETA 7-Jan.
- RIL’s Ethane Opal, ex-Morgans Point, is heading to Dahej, ETA 24-Jan.
– Petredec’s Morston, ex-Enterprise, is currently waiting to cross the Panama Canal on her way to Chorrillo.
– After 4 months of Break Bulk operation at Brisbane Anchorage, Trafigura’s Bw Njord finally discharged her cargo fully and is now heading to Panama Canal, ETA 12-Jan.
– Corsair was fixed by Mabanaft to load a cargo out of Houston, ETA 4-Feb. The vessel is currently crossing the Malacca Strait, an indication of a voyage via the Cape of Good Hope.
– Gas Leo -current itinerary Indian Ocean- updated her AIS signalling for Houston, ETA 28-Jan.
– Gas Taurus is signalling for Westernport, ETA 5-Jan.
– Pertamina’s Pertamina Gas 1 is currently loading a cargo at Asaluyeh for her next voyage to Indonesia.
– OE’s Jia Yuan is currently loading at Bonython.
West of Suez, an LPG vessel arrived for the first time to Nicaragua, while on the other side of the world -East of Suez- Myanmar received its first waterborne LPG on December, 23.
Myanmar – Government efforts to provide LPG to Yangon households
Parami Energy is not the only local company interested in the LPG market. Last October, Elite Company has been granted permission to distribute LPG in Myanmar. Elite Company will start importing LPG as soon as the construction of its LPG storage tank and jetty at the Thilawa Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is complete. In addition, a third firm, APEX Co, already has a jetty and has recently been permitted to do business.
Miramar Plant, which has three LPG storage spheres, is capable of supplying 50% of the country’s LPG consumption every month.
According to a government statement, Nicaragua aims to become one of the most important LPG centers in Central America.