VLGC Caravelle is drifting up along the west coast of South Africa, and has updated her AIS for Soyo, ETA 7-Oct. Vitol is expected to lift a 33kt propane cargo sold by ENI. The last VLGC to load at the terminal was British Courage in June of this year.
Trafigura’s Atlantic Gas loaded a propane cargo in Corpus Christi on 17-Sept and was heading for Aruba, ETA 23-Sept. After almost reaching Jamaica, she reversed her course and discharged in Pajaritos on 27-Sept..
The Port Authority of Pajaritos is also expecting Clipper Star back at their terminal on 4-Oct to load another butane cargo. The vessel had previously loaded a similar cargo on 26-Aug and discharged via STS onto smaller vessels in Gibraltar.
After completing a voyage from Marcus Hook to Terneuzen for Mercuria, BW Orion has been fixed by Statoil for loading in Arzew, ETA 30-Sept. The market expects her to discharge in Turkey.
BP’s British Commerce loaded a partial cargo at NWS on 23-Sept and has been anchored outside the terminal ever since.
Newbuild Jia Yuan has left the shipyard in Ulsan, and according to her AIS, is undergoing sea trials in the East China Sea.
Ukraine is due to import another small LPG cargo for the second week in a row. Select Energy fixed SGC Epic Borneo, who loaded in Goteborg on 16-Sep and is signaling for Chornomorsk ETA 30-Sept. Last week on the 18th, SGC Epic St. Thomas also discharged in Chornomorsk.
–JS Ineos Insight loaded an ethane cargo in Marcus Hook on 9-Sept and had been waiting up in Scapa Flow for a little over a week before finally arriving in Grangemouth on 28-Sept. Clipper Harald, who loaded an ethane cargo in Kaarstoe, is also waiting outside the port.
Atlantic Gas diversion from Aruba to Pajaritos
- Singapore (263 kt floating; 268 kt last week)
- Sun Aries loaded a Bonny-sourced cargo via STS with Monsoon at Nipah Anch. on 3-Aug.
- Providence loaded in Ras Laffan on 14-Aug and has been sitting in Singapore since 3-Sept. On 28-Sept, she updated her AIS for Wenzhou, ETA 4-Oct, but she is still in Singapore.
- BW Kyoto loaded in Ras Laffan on 22-Aug and arrived in Singapore on 4-Sept.
- Karoline N loaded in Enterprise on 25-Jul and has been floating in Malacca Strait since 7-Sept with her AIS reading “For Order”.
- Aquamarine Progress loaded via STS with Berge Nantong at Nipah Anch. on 14-Sept.
- Ming Zhu loaded via STS with Ming Long on 24-Sept at Nipah Anch.
- BW Nantes loaded in Nipah Anch. on 11-Sept and transferred partial cargoes to SGCs. on 28-Sept she left the anchorage zone and is floating in Singapore.
- Far East (46 kt floating; 46 kt 2 weeks ago)
- Cougar loaded in Nederland on 17-Aug and has been sitting outside Sendai since 19-Sept.
- Floating Storage Now Moving
-September Norwegian imports dropped compared to previous months, as Kaarstoe and Mongstad went offline for maintenance works at the end of Aug and early Sept, respectively.Here is a look at activity at 4 of the largest exporting terminals in the country:
- The plant was down for maintenance starting at the end of August with the last large cargo having been exported on the 24th on board Statoil’s Kontich.
- Exports resumed approximately one month later on 23-Sept with the same vessel, Kontich, who has been floating outside Antwerp since the 25th. She is not yet listed on the Port of Antwerp’s schedule.
- The last cargo was exported on 5-Sept on board SGC Gas Myth, who delivered her cargo to Antwerp Gas Terminal on 9-Sept.
- Statoil’s SGC Angela loaded a cargo in Tees, and is now signaling for Mongstad, ETA 1-Oct. This is an indication that the plant may start up soon.
- Bastogne has been floating outside of Sture since 17-Sept, and is now expected by the Port of Stenungsund ETA 1-Oct, which indicates that she may soon load.
- Total’s Navigator Genesis, who loaded on 9-Sept, has almost reached India. She is expected by the Port of New Mangalore, ETA 30-Sept.
- The largest portion of exports from the plant have ended up in Turkey, with the latest being Gaschem Bremen, who is on her way to Aliaga, ETA Oct-4.
- This year to date, Turkey has accounted for 68% of exports, Sweden 14%, China 10% and Norway (Rafnes) 8%.