French Terminal Antifer has two jetties and is able to handle vessels with a dead weight up to 550 KT (26 meters draught – VLCCs and ULCCs). The site is directly linked to Le Havre terminal and Trapil pipeline network, which supplies Exxon Port-Jérôme refinery (235 kbd capacity), Total Gonfreville (250 kbd capacity) and Grands-puits (95 kbd capacity). Antifer has 4 tanks totaling 640 cu.m or 4 million barrels of storage capacity.
- All Arab crude in Exxon Fawley slate comes from VLCCs partial discharges between Fawley, Antifer and sometimes TEAM Rotterdam.
- All Arab Gulf crude coming to France since Jan-2016 came to Antifer except for 7 vessels that docked at Le Havre:
- 2 Suezmax with arab crude (Cap Philippe in Jan-2016 and Vail Spirit in Jan-2017)
- 3 Suezmax with Iranian crude (Zouzou N. in Sept-2016, Delta Tolmi in Oct-2016 and Stena Suede in Jan-2017, all of them for Total)
- 1 partial VLCC of arab crude (Dht Ann on Jan-2016) and 1 partial ULCC of arab crude too (Sandra on Oct-2016, Total).
- Iranian crude is exclusively for Total’s refining network as Exxon did not resume Iranian crude purchases.
Imports of Middle East crude to Antifer have increased over the last 3 months. More generally, imports Middle East crude to North West Europe significantly increased in Q4-2016 attaining highest levels in December, as shown in the figure below. Nevertheless, our data shows a slight drop in January-2017, which could be linked with OPEC-cuts agreement.
- VLCC New Success transferred approx.1.5 million barrels of Forties to Sandra at Southwold anchorage. She had loaded her cargo on Dec.8 at Hound Point for Vitol. Sandra is chartered by Trafigura and will head towards China ETA Apr.2.
- VLCC Phoenix Vigor was fixed by ST Shipping for a Hound Point / South Korea voyage starting Feb.25-28. ETA Apr.14.
- VLCC Bunga Kasturi Lima discharged approx. 500,000 barrels at Preemraff and 1.5 million barrels in Goteborg on Feb.9 and Feb.10 respectively. She had load at Mongstad on November 2016 and held her cargo for 72 days. She is currently loading at Hound Point and will head towards Ningbo ETA Mar.30. She is chartered by ST shipping.
- VLCC Aquila loaded 2 million barrels at Hound Point on Feb.2. She signaled Tianjin ETA Mar.26
- VLCC Alice loaded 2 million barrels of Forties on Feb.11. She signaled Yeosu ETA Mar.31.
- VLCC Trikwong Venture signaled Hound Point ETA Feb.19. She will head towards South Korea, ETA Apr.16.
Huge and Snow
- VLCCs Huge and Snow loaded at Kharg Island and were expected to discharge on Feb.8 and Feb.11 respectively in ARA. Last year, only June and July saw such quantities of Iranian crude arriving to ARA ports. However, Snow signaled “For Orders” and is sitting at Falmouth OPL
- The Huge is the first Iran-owned VLCC to dock in the EU following the lifting of US and EU nuclear-related sanctions, offloaded around 0.9mn bl of crude at Shell Europoort and 1.2mn bl of crude at MOT in Rotterdam. The ship is now signalling Cayo Arcas as next destination. A journey to load crude in Mexico would mark a new destination for a vessel from the NITC fleet post-sanctions.