Engie is chartering its first vessel to pick up a 46 Kt cargo out of Houston, ETA mid-Apr. The nominated vessel is BW Magellan.
The fifth VLGC to join RIL’s fleet Ethane Sapphire, is heading off towards Panama Canal, ETA 17-Apr. The market expects her to load her 48 Kt ethane cargo at Morgans Point by the end of April.
S.America’s imports in March recorded to be 374 Kt (+ 62%) which is the highest since Aug. 2016. Brazil has the highest share with more than 50% of the imports, followed by Chile and Ecuador with 23% and 17% of share respectively.
Presently shell’s Sea Bird is heading to Quintero Port, ETA 6-Apr and Itochu’s Oriental Jubilee is on her way to Suape, ETA 11-Apr. Petredec’s Ronald N who is on her way to load at Houston is also expected to discharge her cargo at Chorrillo, ETA 11-Apr.
Sahara Gas left S. Korea to start her first voyage signalling for Marcus Hook, ETA 25-Apr. Africa Gas who had started her voyage earlier in Feb. is now discharging at Abidjan. Both MGC’s are acquisitions of West Africa Gas Limited, a Joint Venture of NNPC and Sahara Group.
With total of 130 Kt exports in March, Marcus Hook reached the highest level of exports since July 2016.
- Statoil’s BW Aries to discharge at Flushing on 2-Apr, ex-Enterprise.
- Clipper Moon to discharge at Sines on 9-Apr, ex-Targa.
- Shell’s Essex to discharge at Terneuzen on 30-Mar, ex-Marcus Hook.
- Geogas’ Kent who is discharging at Lavera now, ex-Marcus Hook.
- Shell’s NS Frontier who is will load at Nederland early Apr. is also expected to discharge her cargo at Rotterdam, ETA H2-Apr, based on port authorities.
This week 3 VLGC’s signaled to load at WAF in the upcoming days:
- BP’s Pampero to load at Soyo, ETA 19-Apr.
- Total’s Cheyenne to load at Bonny Island Port, ETA 13-Apr.
- Glencore’s BW Loyalty to load at Bioko, ETA 30-Mar. She is already partially full after performing a STS with Clipper Odin at Lomé Anchorage on 25-Mar.
- It is also worth mentioning Cresques who is expected to load at Escravos under Chevron after discharging her cargo at Suape and BW Gemini who is expected to load at Sanha around the end of Apr under Vitol. Both voyages are yet to be confirmed by their AIS signal.
VLGC Transits via STS
BP’s VLGC Caravelle is expected to load at NWS, ETA early Apr. She will be heading Far East afterwards to discharge her cargo.
BW Empress is on her way to discharge her 43 Kt cargo in Australia. P66’s VLGC loaded at Freeport earlier on 1-Mar. Her exact discharge installation is yet to be confirmed.
LGC Transits via STS
- France held the biggest share with 53%, followed by Portugal 26%, Belgium and the Netherlands with 11% and 9% respectively.