Originally Released on 13 April 2017
Chinese customs released March import figures and reported an historical record high that reached 9.2 mmbpd (+1.3 mmbpd vs Feb). Kpler reported 9 mmbpd (+1.2 mmbpd vs Feb) a few weeks ago.
Forties and Ekofisk – VLCCs
- VLCCs Tamagawa and Baltic Glory loaded at Hound Point on Apr.8 and Apr.13 respectively. They both signaled Tianjin as destination.
- VLCC Gener8 Miltiades will be laoding Forties at Hound Point in the next few days.
- VLCC Desimi still floating at Dumbar OPL with 2 mmbbls of Forties since Mar.6
- ULCC Orthis received approx. 1.6 mmbbls of Ekofisk via ship-to-ship at Southwold anchorage. Destination is unknown for now.
- Volumes shipped to Asia remained high at 137 kbd, slightly below February levels (143 kbd).
- April market data shows that at least one CPC shipment will head towards Asia. Suezmax Vilamoura was fixed by Listasco for a CPC/India voyage. She’s currently loading her cargo at CPC SPM.
US exports week-ending 04/14 are likely to remain at the same level than exports week-ending 04/07. Kpler showed 641 kbd US exports for week-ending 04/07 (vs 689 kbd reported by EIA). Exports for week-ending 04/14 reached 676 kbd on Thursday 04/13, according to our data.
- Aframaxes Rose and Matilda are heading towards Rotterdam ETA Apr.29 and Apr.25, respectively.
- VLCC Gener8 Theseus is heading towards China chartered by Trafigura, according to market data.
- VLCC Overseas Tanabe still loading her cargo at Galveston offshore via ship-to-ship. No AIS signal or market information confirmed the final destination.